Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great publication!

Hey gang. I'm brand new to cooking. When I was working, I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and was extremely proud of that achievement each and every time. Since I recently retired, one of my hobbies is learning to cook. So, everything I learn is a big deal to me and gets me pretty excited! You guys may already be reading or have a subscription to CLEAN EATING. If not, I just wanted to tell you that I think it's outstanding. In addition to the numerous recipes, I find the articles to be very informative. Like how berries can "clean your brain." (February 2011 issue). They "kick an aging brain's 'housekeeper' into third gear" I don't know about you, but at my age, that's GREAT news! Their site is cleaneating.com and they will soon be offering cooking class videos. Now this may all be old news to most of you, but to me - well, I have a steep learning curve. Would love to hear about the publications you read and any advice for me as I venture into this new world of cooking.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. Deb and Norm sent me over to say Hi. One of my favorite cooking mags is Southern Living. I find lots of recipes for the food I like to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might really like Cook's Illustrated. Great recipes and they throw in lot's of basics. You can get an online subscription or in magazine format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kathleen, Southern Living has great recipes. They also have a good website for finding recipes and techniques after you have accidentally tossed out the edition you intended to keep:)

    I also like "Cuisine at Home". They release magazine style cookbooks every few months that have different themes. Each recipe usually comes with a side dish type recipe that compliments the main dish. They also have eRecipes you can sign up for online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kathleen on Cook's Illustrated. although i think the offline version beats the online version. The online version is kinda of clunky

    ReplyDelete