Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pasta with Roast Tomatoes and Goat's Cheese

Now we're talking! Any time I find pasta to be part of a recipe, I'm excited! After eating pasta, I always want to take a nap. Sometimes before eating pasta, I want to take a nap. In a few more years, I'm afraid that I'll want to take one WHILE eating pasta.  Anyway, this dish is real COMFORT FOOD. This was the very first dish I made when I decided to take up cooking just a short time ago. I thought the best way to begin down the culinary road was to find a simple but delicious recipe. What better way to stick to my plan than to take a recipe from a book called, the Three Ingredient Cookbook by Jenny White. I figured, how can you screw up a recipe with only three ingredients? Try it.....you'll love it!

Serves  4

8 large ripe tomatoes
450g / 1lb any dried pasta shapes
200g / 7oz firm goat's cheese, crumbled
60ml / 4 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
salt and ground black pepper

1)  Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / Gas 5. Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle over 30ml / 2tbsp of the oil. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until soft and slightly charred.

2)  Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and return to the pan.

3)  Roughly mash the tomatoes with a fork, and stir the contents of the roasting pan into the pasta. Gently stir in the goat's cheese and the remaining oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment